Daily, consumers are developing more concerns regarding the chemicals found in many of the body care products used in everyday life. We at Simple Creations recognize that living a busy life means it can be difficult to purchase the products safe for our family, especially at a reasonable price. For this reason, we have created a full line of products to help meet the hectic demands of life, without having to sacrifice the quality and low prices found in many chemical laden products. We invite you to explore our products and prices, where we provide not only high-quality products at reasonable prices but also free shipping every day!
When looking to purchase products, you need to take the time to read and understand the ingredients listed on the label, both active and inactive. When it comes to deodorant, this practice should become common nature because when you put this on your skin, your body begins to absorb the ingredients in your skin. The absorbed ingredients then enter your bloodstream and are spread through your body. It is easy to recognize if your products contain harmful chemicals, they will naturally enter into your body and you will begin to suffer dangerous side effects as time passes.
When you are shopping for deodorants, there are at least seven significant ingredients you need to avoid:
- Aluminum (any aluminum compound) - Aluminum can be rapidly absorbed into the skin and there has been several studies discovering a connection between aluminum and Alzheimer's Disease.
- Paraben (Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Benzylparaben, and Butylparaben) - Paraben in many forms can be discovered in numerous body care products on the market today, but do you realize it is derived from toluene, a proven toxic petrochemical derivative? In fact, Toulene contains dangerous warnings for contacting poison control if swallowed, inhaled, or even coming into contact with the skin. Beginning in 2000, several research studies involving Toulene have illustrated a connection with this dangerous chemical and reproductive health. Toulene can be viewed by the body as a form of estrogen, altering tissue culture in the body and leading to an increased growth environment for cancerous cells. (Keep in mind this chemical and its presence in products is not regulated by the FDA)
- Triclosan - This chemical is a recognized skin irritant and has been shown to have some relationship with the development of dermatitis. Studies have also suggested it may kill not only dangerous bacteria but also the healthy bacteria your body needs. In some cases, this chemical has illustrated signs of carcinogenic contaminants and is even recognized as a pesticide by the FDA. Is this something you want in your body?
- Talc - The International Agency for Research on Cancer has identified if talc contains asbestiform fibers, it can be classified as a carcinogen. This is a concern because the presence and quality of asbestiform fibers are not, at present regulated, so when the ingredient is included on a label, you need to take caution. (Not really concerned, consider the lawsuits against Johnson and Johnson for the dangers uncovered in their talc powders and the connection to cancer)
- Propylene Glycol - This is another chemical which can be quickly absorbed into the skin and has been known to create delayed allergic reactions. The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) has provided possible evidence that this chemical is a neurotoxin and as a result can lead to kidney or liver damage (so, that's why the warning about possible kidney damage exists on the back of many deodorants on the market today. Makes you feel all warm and fuzzy doesn't it?)
- Silica - Another skin irritant which can contain crystalline quartz, another form of carcinogen. Carcinogens are the big no, no when trying to deal with health. To learn more, you may want to take a moment and consider looking at the American Cancer Society to learn more.
- Steareth-N (N can be represented by a number) - While it is vegetable derived, it does create a reaction to Ethylene Oxide, and like many other ingredients has been illustrated to be a carcinogen. Can be labeled as PEG-100, Stearyl Ether, Polyoxyethylene (100 Stearyl Ether)
Wow, that is a lot to take in. So, deodorant really is a "Use at Your Own Risk" style product. So, are there things which we can do to avoid these dangers? Definitely! Make the switch to alternative products, which share their ingredients list. If you have questions, ask! We at Simple Creations attempt to avoid danger chemicals as often as possible to provide our customers with a natural alternative that still works, without concern for the dangerous chemicals.
Why Make the Switch to Simple Creations?
Know the ingredients of all your body care products! We at Simple Creations provide this with each of our items!
It is possible to discover a variety of dangerous ingredients in many of the typical whole body care products we use each and every day. Below, we provide an example of why one needs to move away from the popular store brands we have come to depend on. Now, the question arises, are there any products available which can meet the same demands developed when using these chemical laden products. We at Simple Creations care about your health and the health of your family!
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: Dangerous Chemicals in Deodorant, Know the Dangers, No Beez About It Deodorant, Paraben Free Deodorant, Simple Creations, Store News